TEXEX® Negative Expanders
APG produces the TEXEX® brand of negative expander at both of our locations in Texas and in Virginia. The negative battery plate expander is used by both automotive and industrial lead-acid manufacturers throughout the world.
Negative expander is a blend of Barium Sulfate, Wood Lignin and Carbon Black. Once these materials are blended together, negative expander is used as an additive in the negative plate of lead-acid batteries to help perform a variety of functions, such as starting the engine and extending the life of the battery. The use of our negative expander is critical to the performance of the lead-acid battery.
Our product can be found in a variety of vehicles and equipment that you may use every day, below are just some examples of ways you may have already been using our product:
- • Automotive: Cars, Trucks, Boats, Recreational Vehicles, Lawn & Garden Equipment, Golf Carts, Electric Vehicles
- • Industrial: Forklifts, Mining Equipment, Locomotives
- • Standby & Reusable Power: Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), Telecommunications, Solar Panels
- • Military: Submarines, Tanks, Aircraft
Safety Data Sheets for Negative Expander SDS are available for North America, Korea, Brazil, China and Europe.
Our facility in Garland, TX also produces lead powder, tin powder, antimony powder and tin/lead alloy powders in a wide range of particle sizes. All of our metal powders are manufactured, blended and packaged to customer specifications.
These metal powders can be found in a wide variety of industrial applications:
- • Oil and Gas Exploration
- • Radiological Protective Clothing
- • Industrial X-Ray Shielding, Airport Security Systems
- • Anti-Friction Products: Bearings, Bushings and Other Automotive Parts
Safety Data Sheets for Powered Metals in Antimony Powder SDS - United States, Antimony / Lead Powder SDS - United States, Lead Powder SDS - North America, Lead Powder SDS - Europe, Lead / Tin Powder SDS - United States and Tin SDS - United States.